The ‘Big Mix’ Open Air Music Festival. July 6th 12 noon – 11pm.
Good Music, BBQ, Workshops, Deckchairs, Hammocks and Sunshine by the Sea. Put the date in your diaries.
The festival promises to be a fantastic day out for everybody. It will showcase a range of the best young music acts in the South West including recent works created by B Sharp at the Big Mix Project. Young musicians will be performing in front of mixed audiences, including people in the arts and entertainments industries, generating valuable media attention and exposure while providing the public with some exceptional entertainment.
Please post this information on your social networks and tell other outstanding musicians about this opportunity.
- Tuesdays 6.30 – 8.30pm (term time) Big Mix Music Making.
- Monday’s 6:30 – 8pm collaboration with The Hub Youth Club (Just completed)
- Ages 11-18 (up to 25 as a Young Music leader)
- Cost £5 (concessions available)
- Start: 6th November 2012. End: November 2013
- Music Leaders, Fran Williams, Pete Wild, Jacques Verhaeren
- Young Music Leaders & Apprentice Music Leaders
- Mondays with The Hub youth club – Link to a video
- Music production and social enterprise: Ayvin Rogers
Funded by Youth Music, West Dorset District Council & Lyme Regis Town Council, The Big Mix is an open access 12-month project based at The Hub. Young aspiring musicians and young music leaders will get the expert support and guidance they need to develop skills and interests in an inclusive, fun and creative music-making environment. We work with young people at different stages of their musical journey, planning/running workshops and events. Professional music leaders, musicians and young music leaders lead work in small groups to expand repertoire and progress music skills and confidence.
The regular Tuesday sessions will include experimenting and fusing different forms of individual and group music making e.g.; jamming, mixing violin with bass, singing with percussion, singing & song writing, DJs with trumpet. Learning about Music technology and production is ongoing, helping to set up and record workshops and events.
The Big Mix programme develops young peoples ideas:
Music activities include: Singing and song writing, creative music making, working in small groups, girls drumming, spoken word, rap, djing – vinyl and digital, guitar techniques, Recording and music production.
April 26th – Audition for the Festival
June 7th – 7 – 9:30pm Second round of auditions.
July 6th – Big Mix open air Music Festival
21st – 22nd Sept Busking Festival– Play me Piano and Drum
Work with partners
St Michael’s pre school
St Michaels, Mrs Ethelston’s and Charmouth Primaries and Woodroffe Secondary School
Hub, Youth Service, LRDT, Arts Fest, Portland Rocks, Dorset Music Service, DLA, LR Folk Festival, Marine Theatre, Colston Hall Remix.
• Short course on event planning Sunday 3rd February 1pm – 4pm.
• Young leaders visit to Remix Colston Hall Bristol – 9th March.
• Skill sharing days. Includes leadership & music mentoring
• Portfolio/ Arts Award
• Sign posting beyond B Sharp. We have developed a resource website that links further CPD opportunities, colleges, music industry networks, music associations/unions, partners, funders and personal assistance etc.
To see last terms Big Mix programme of activities click on the following link: The Big Mix January to March.
If you would like to talk to Fran about this project or B Sharp opportunities please contact Fran.